Good things happen when you put yourself out there.
After realizing that I didn’t have any elopements lined up for this year, I decided to post to Instagram my desire to shoot more of them. Almost immediately, Rachel messaged me and said that she wanted me to shoot her elopement… which she only planned after lining me up to shoot it. She really wanted sheep in her photos and she decided on Shelburne Farms as a venue which fit this goofy, classy, intelligent couple perfectly. After several rain scares and almost moving the whole thing to Las Vegas, Rachel and Michael got married on a Monday at Shelburne Farms and it was perfect.
The high points:
- A first look with their dog. I mean, come on. She was even wearing a little tux. Doesn’t get any better.
- They surprised each other with gifts. It was comical to watch the two of them with the exact same gifts for each other, standing back to back, having no idea of the hilarity to follow when they turned around and saw what the other was holding. Clearly, these two are meant for each other.
- The sheep, of course.
- Their ceremony just before sunset, between two old trees. The loveliest.
- Their first dance inside a giant barn. They brought their own music and had the whole thing choreographed.
- The prettiest, pinkest sunset to end the day.
These two couldn’t have planned a better day. It was pure magic to be a part of it.
Videography: Olive Ewe Productions | Venue: Inn at Shelburne Farms | Hair + Makeup: Finishing Touch |Dog Wrangler: Second Chance Walking | Officiant: Stephen Laurie | Handfasting Ribbons: TheLonelyHeartCo | Vow Books: paperpunched | Gifts (BOTH OF THEM): The Night Sky | Dress: Queenia | Necklace: Ross-Simons | Shoes: Franco Sarto | Suit & Shoes: Mens Warehouse | Tie: LookGreatW | Tailor: Jack’s Tailoring